“Braces? You want me to wear braces at my age?”
That is a common response when dental patients hear about Invisalign. It can be a bit unnerving having to wear something in your mouth especially after your teens and tweens. Many adults hesitate to “straighten up” after adulthood. Also, as we age our teeth begin to slip and get out of alignment.
However, there is no need to be skeptical now, there are many new options in cosmetic dentistry. Introducing… Invisalign, “your best smile is within reach”.
Invisalign is this: It is invisible braces. They are customized especially for your teeth and gums. There are no wires or metals. They can be removed throughout the day for meals and for brushing and flossing.
After approximately six to twelve months (depending on each case), your teeth will be straighter and more natural looking. In addition to looking nicer, straighter teeth help protect your periodontal health and reduce the likelihood of tooth fracture. Dr. Cooper is a preferred provider with Invisalign and can discuss how Invisalign can help improve your oral health.
Here are Five Benefits to Invisalign for Your Teeth:
- Corrects crooked bites: This may lead to uneven bites and pressure on the jaw. In addition, it may be more difficult to clean and keep your teeth whiter. Invisalign evens up the bite line, making it easier to eat and whiten teeth if needed.
- Less pain: Misaligned teeth can be quite painful. Invisalign straightens teeth sometimes reducing chronic pain in the jaw and gums.
- Safe treatment: Invisalign has no sharp edges, metal points or wires that can cause damage to your lips, gums or the inside of your mouth. These clear braces are completely safe and tend to be more comfortable.
- Shorter treatment time: This type of cosmetic dentistry takes much less time in duration than traditional braces. In the old days, braces might take three to five years for them to set teeth correctly. Invisalign tends to reduce the length of time required to wear braces.
- Technology: In times past, even after wearing braces for a long period of time, you didn’t know what to expect at the end of treatment. Now with Invisalign, a product of upgraded 21st Century technology, you can experience a computer design generated for your specific case. Although, they cost more than traditional braces, there are some exciting benefits that provide a “smile makeover” quicker, safer and with less inconvenience.
Invisalign appeals to all age groups and may be a great option for you or a family member.
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Ron Cooper, an Invisalign 2017 Preferred Provider, please call (202) 463-2090 or email us at email@example.com.