Emergency Dental Care
Dental emergencies can happen at anytime. During normal business hours, please call us. We can usually see you within an hour. If the emergency occurs after normal business hours, your call will be directed to Dr. Cooper’s personal cell phone. Messages left on Dr. Cooper’s cell phone will be returned within the hour.
Swelling and/or infection should be dealt with quickly so that small problems do not escalate. It is better to err on the side of caution. If you have a dental concern, please schedule an appointment to evaluate your area of concern.
If you believe that you are experiencing a life threatening emergency, call 911.
Emergency Dental Services include
- Root Canals – Your tooth’s nerve is removed and the canal space is cleaned out to prevent or eliminate infection. This allows us to save the tooth and minimize long term discomfort.
- Extractions – If the tooth is deemed unrestorable, our last option is to extract the tooth and prepare the site with a bone graft. After adequate healing, an implant can be placed in the missing tooth site.
- Biopsy – Suspicious lesions found in the mouth can be removed and sent to an oral pathology lab to determine the type of growth.
- Scaling and Root Planing by quadrant
- I&D- Swelling in the mouth can quickly turn into a life threatening situation. If possible, we can allow for drainage of the infection and aid in the healing of the infected area.
We have Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas) available for our patients on a case by case basis.
For all dental emergencies, please call our office at 202.463.2090.
If you are unable to connect with Dr. Cooper and you feel the need for medical attention please go to the nearest emergency room for care.
Let’s meet to discuss your dental health-please fill out the form below.
MON-FRI 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Fridays dedicated to surgical and extensive treatments.